Shortly, the year 2016 will come to an end.
Lots of people are currently taking a break and hoping that the year 2017 will be better / different / easier.
The fact though, is that the calendar changing from December 2016 to January 2017 isn’t going to make the slightest difference in anyone’s life. No measurable, meaningful progress ever occured simply because the date changed.
Here’s how to truly make progress in 2017 or any other year:
- Stop telling everyone what you’re going to do. Actually go out and do it!
- Know which areas of your life, health, personality, income & relationships need your attention. Then ruthlessly eliminate everything else in your life that isn’t going to take you closer to building a meaningful life.
- Be aware of the principles that matter most to you. Then let every decision you make be governed by those principles.
- Pay attention to yourself, your health & your emotional wellbeing.
- Write down your response to, “What would you most like to be remembered for?”. Build each day around your answer.
I don’t know how much of time you and I have left. What I do know is that it isn’t as much as we think. No amount of hoping or calendar changing is going to improve your life.
Go out and fight for the life you want!